Sunday, October 23, 2011

Evening cafe

With a mouthful of idli, I was running two floors upstairs, cursing the identity card inventors (who so ever that could be!) to take the damn collar belt for entering the building. Guess I should put a reminder for taking that as well every morning before going down for breakfast. As usual I was getting late to take the 9’O clock shuttle cab that takes me from MVC to SEZ (SEZ is where my 'dear' office is and MVC the sister building,which's nearer to my hostel from where i take shuttle cabs to SEZ).Since getting bus from my place to there is as promising as getting 6 sixes in an over, I gave up the idea of catching one even on that eleventh hour as well. Getting out from there, I took a 1 km hasty walk in that hot sunny morning. Finally after all those hustle and bustle, somehow I managed to get my morning cab…..Phew! The satisfaction of achieving the elusive pantheon of cab seat reined over the head whenever I was the last one to get into the hourly arriving cabs there. Thus my day used to begin with not much surprises till a week back, when I was in regular shift. And here I’m typing in front of the screen among people who’re storming their brains and banging their head on the keyboard for the colorful letters to come out extraordinary.

Let me warn you beforehand itself. This post is having no subject or a predicate stuff. This is just to remind myself, and my friends who’d asked me to blog something, that I’m here. To be frank, no topic had excited me enough to write something in this special place of mine. ;) Anyway, I would like to jot something here now. Let it be about the normal evenings of mine in this leafy area of Coimbatore town.

The blurred, faintly colored arch on the last week’s evening sky had been replaced with the dark rain clouds today, marking the onset of rainy season here. It’s hard to believe how the sky starts darkening as soon as the needle strikes six. The infinite blanket above was tinted with orange light. Boarding from the cab I used to walk to my hostel. But since I’m in afternoon shift now, walking has become a near history. The sun might’ve already gone behind the mountain ranges which line the far earth, which would’ve welcomed me if I had to walk back my hostel. The rumpled clouds were titter-tattered across the shining sky. It seemed as if the nature is at its best this evening. The road leading to my hostel is laced on both sides with weeds and shrubs, and a narrow so-called walkway on either side, through which all the inmates of that place balance along to reach the other side. The straight road is flanked with many small hotels, grocery shops and browsing centers. Guess I do miss those quite evening walks. This reminds me another fact that it's been a week i'd talked with my roommates!! :| The hot coffee mug of mine and I myself staring behind the glass windows facing the wastelands on the back of our grotesque office building is going to be a normal evening break from office works from now on I guess, for some days at least.

2 comments:

Amith PK said...

Alright... Amrita is back!!
//Since getting bus from my place to there is as promising as getting 6 sixes in an over - Good one!!

amrita said...

thanks amith! :)